I was wondering if you could offer any wisdom on what you’ve gained from writing and responding to online personal ads. I’m not having a great deal of luck so far. Specifically, my questions are:
1. How brief should your descriptions of yourself and/or your ideal catch be? I’ve heard it said that “brevity is the soul of wit”, but you also want to be memorable, right?
2. When writing descriptions, should you stick with C&F? I’ve noticed that humor often doesn’t translate well in written form, so I wasn’t sure how to go about all that.
3. I think I read in a previous newsletter that you recommend not posting a picture. At the same time, I tend to avoid ads without pictures due to having one too many blind dates which ended with me throwing a stick and shouting “fetch!” in order to distract her long enough to get away. Don’t you think that by committing a picture on your ad, women might pass you up for the same reason? Or am I mistaken?
You’ve asked some questions that really require more of an in-depth treatment… but here are a few pointers that have taken me YEARS to figure out:
1) You’ll get more responses in general by replying to personal ads placed by women than you will by placing your own ad (Unless you’re a master of writing personal ads).
2) If you’re going to use the personals, look at the new ads that are placed daily, and respond as soon as a woman places her ad. Attractive women typically get 50-100 responses per DAY to personal ads, and it’s very easy to get overwhelmed. You’ll notice that a lot of women take their ads down after just a few days… this is why.
3) Be charming and funny (also known as COCKY and funny) in your replies (or in your ad, if you write your own). Say things like “I was looking through all these ads here on the internet thinking to myself “Look at all the poor, desperate, lonely women…” and then I saw your ad and thought to myself “Hey, here’s a poor, desperate, lonely woman that’s actually CUTE…” so I thought I’d write and see if you’re as interesting on the inside as you are in this picture…”
4) I mentioned in one of recent newsletters (sign up for them free by clicking here) that I got an email from a guy who had his picture taken with some dolphins… and that he’s getting tons of responses from that. I’ve never done it myself, but it sounds like a great idea!
I think that the internet is a literal MIRACLE when it comes to meeting women, practicing conversations skills, and learning how to create attraction using only your words, humor, and other communication.
If you’d like to learn some of my personal secrets for turning the internet into a dating BONANZA for yourself, then take a minute to click here and find out my secrets to meeting women online…